Friday, December 2, 2016

Light the World!!!

November 29, 2016

All I can say is WHAT AN AWESOME WEEK. 

We went to President's house on Thanksgiving... and that was awesome. American food and hanging out with President, mama Stutz and the Nebekers... what could be better?!






I love the Nebekers!





Also.... Axel got baptized on Sunday. And my Mission President, President Stutznegger came. It was so nice to have him there! Axel is 17 and he really wants to serve a mission, and I think it was really special for him to meet our mission president. And as I reflected on the baptisms during my mission, I realized that President was present in my first and last baptisms of the mission. How special is that?!





I saw a bunch of miracles this week. Sometimes when people talk about ending your mission they tend to say that missionaries stop working as hard their last couple of weeks. When I had apendicitis, I asked for a blessing after I got back into the field. I almost didn't ask for the blessing because I was already feeling so much better, but I felt prompted to. While the blessing did include that I would be healthy, I was also blessed to be diligent and have a great ending to my mission. I have felt those promises fulfilled! These past few weeks have been so beautiful and so full that I haven't had the chance to slow down! It has been amazing.

The first miracle was finding a part member family, we were searching for. The address we found in the ward list wasn't right, and the bishop only knew the name of their street, and that he thought the house was beige with a white door. We went to the street to look for the house, but the street is very long... like maybe 5 miles long and FULL of houses. The houses here are stuck together so you can imagine how many there were. So my comp and I just looked at each other, shrugged our shoulders and started walking down the street. We had walked maybe 10 minutes when we saw a green and grey house with a beige door. I looked at my companion and said "let's knock." And we waited... and out came a 20 something year old guy. We asked if the Alcacio family was there, and he said.... you guys are like the Elders, right?? And he invited us in. IT WAS THEM... The Spirit literally led us to the family. It was the first door we knocked. The house was not beige and the door was not white. There was no way we could have known... but God knew where they lived, and He told us. I testify that God talks to us! I have felt it so strong in so many ways. Yesterday in our district meeting, we were talking about ways to find investigators and we did an excercise where we thought about the ways we had found our investigators that had since, been baptized. It was such a beautiful activity because I realized that the Spirit had led us to every one of those people. I clearly remember promptings to talk to people in the street, or to check over and over again for a referral, or to share the gospel with our english class. The Spirit led us to every one of those people!!

Today we had an amazing experience. We went to Chapultepec, which is kinda like Central Park here in MX City (almost everything is closed on Monday so we got permission to change our p-day). We got to go to a castle and a zoo and and a butterfly house and it was all so cool! Coming home we took the metro and we decided to start singing Christmas songs and passing out contact cards about #LightTheWorld. The metro is hot and muggy and jammed packed with people, but as we sang the Chistmas carols, we saw the light in the peoples faces. Some people hummed along. We invited people to go to mormon.org and see the video, and we saw many people start looking it up in that moment. We had people come up and talk to us, we met some members, and even investigators of other missionaries. And the Spirit entered the metro. When we testify of Christ, any place can become a holy place, where the Spirit can be present. We really can #LightTheWorld.

I testify that this is the true church. I know that God loves us and that we are His children. He has a plan for us and he is aware of us. I invite you guys to participate in the #LightTheWorld activity, I am beyond excited for it! You can start it without me, and I'll be there to join you soon. Crazy, isn't it!? I'm excited to see you all, but sometimes I get scared that all the amazing experiences of the mission will end... but I know that that's not how it works. While the mission is a very special experience, there is so much work to be done at home and so many spiritual experiences to be had at home! I had a zone leader that told us the spiritual experiences don't just happen, they are earned. So EARN THEM. Involve yourself in things that invite the Spirit. (: I love you all so much! Have an amazing week.


Love,

Hermana Aubriana Wolferts


























No comments:

Post a Comment