Monday, July 25, 2016

To Become...





July 25, 2016

Hello!!!

My comp and I have been transferred to Ixtapaluca and it is sooooooo fun!!! After having been in the city for a year, it is super cool to be in a place like this. It isn't super, super rural, but it kinda has a small town feel. I love it!

I am starting to realize that going home is really going to happen. I have just over 4 months left on my mission! For a while it has felt like my mission is my life and I wasn't ever going back, especially since all of the sister missionaries came at the same time and we've all had our entire missions in front of us. I hadn't seen a sister missionary go home until this past cycle. When I saw the sister leave, it made it all the more real - that this is really going to end one day. The good thing is that while I might have thought more about going home lately, I really have the desire to work super hard in this time that I have left. One of my favorite quotes is:

From such teachings we conclude that the Final Judgment is not just an evaluation of a sum total of good and evil acts - what we have done. It is an acknowledgement of the final effect of our acts and thoughts - what we have become. It is not enough for anyone to go through the motions. The commandments, ordinances and covenants of the gospel are not a list of deposits required to be made in some heavenly account. The gospel of Jesus Christ is a plan that shows us how to become what our Heavenly Father desires us to become.

This is my goal in my mission and in life. To become. Sometimes we may start to think that we have done a lot so we can rest a little more at the end of our mission. but that's not how the mission or life works. We need to continually strive to become. Our actions are important, not just because they are good works, but because the very act of doing those good works, helps us to become the person our Heavenly Father intends us to be. I truly want to apply this principle and end my mission as the best missionary I have been in my whole mission. It's what the Lord deserves. Now that I speak fluent Spanish and know how to work effectively, He deserves that I use all the knowledge and testimony that I have gained to serve Him.

I love you all!

Hermana Aubriana Wolferts



My companion, Hermana Jonapa.
 Hermana Jonapa, Hermana Gonzalez, and me

At the temple

Isn't she the cutest?!


Ixtapaluca!

I don't always feel so gigantic here... but when I see the pictures we take,
I realize how large I am compared to the people here.


Adorable Mexican children
Surprise party for my 21st birthday. We had a pizza per companionship (we ate it all!)  and 4 cakes (A LOT of cake).





No comments:

Post a Comment