Tuesday, October 4, 2016

You are the second Tortilla...

October 3, 2016

We had a good week.... well mostly.

I made a HUGE mistake and said, out-loud, to my companion: "Sister, it's so weird. We don't have hardly any trials right now." You should NEVER say something like that!!!! All of a sudden EVERYONE started rejecting us. I feel like I really have learned how to "street contact" in a good way; and usually, my companion and I have a fair amount of people who accept us... But I think that ever since I said that, we've only had like 2 or 3 people accept us. And it's been 4 or 5 days now. Bien triste. But one awesome thing is that before in my mission, times like these would maybe get me down, but here, I've learned how to be happy even when sad things are happening. There was a talk about that in General Conference by Elder Russell M. Nelson. Elder Nelson reminded us of the scripture, "Men are that they might have joy..." He also said, "We can feel joy, regardless of what is happening or not happening in our lives. Joy comes from and because of Him. He is the source of all joy." ..."If we focus on the joy that can come to us, or those we love, what can we endure that which, presently, seems overwhelming, painful, scary, unfair or simply impossible..." GC was AMAZING, by the way. The Saturday sessions felt like they were, especially for the missionaries. In the first session, they taught the gospel basics--perfect for our investigators, in the second session, they talked about missionary work and members, and that was awesome too!! 

This week I heard a lot of jokes and cute phrases. My comp is a huge joke fan. Here's a sample of one of her jokes: 

Why do I like to ask dogs how I look? Because they always say, "Wow" 

Also, I saw an adorable bookmark. To understand it you need to know that many tacos here have 2 tortillas, because if it just has one tortilla, the taco will break. The bookmark says (in Spanish): You are the second tortilla that gives support to the taco of my life.

Good stuff. We all need that second tortilla. That's why I love my companion. And you guys. YOU are the second tortilla. Thanks for all your support!!  (:

Also.... I sent this text message to my district leader: "Pusimos una agua con vino el viernes a las 5... quieren acompañarnos?"-- We put a water with wine on Friday at 5, do you want to come with us?

He called me and told me that he didn't understand my text... and that he was worried that we were inviting him to break the Word of Wisdom with him. BUT no. What had happened was that the phone has T9 and I wanted to say that we put an appointment (cita, in Spanish... and it is spelled with the same keys as agua) with Tino (the name of an investigator that we have been teaching but who is actually from the elders area and we wanted to pass him off to them but that was auto corrected to vino-- wine). My district leader was a little less stressed after we explained that they were all just auto correct errors. 

But the work is going great! We have some investigators that are progressing and I was so excited that some of them could go to General Conference! I think it helped them a ton. I can't wait to read and re-read all the talks! They were all SO good!!!! It was so sad to think that this is my last conference of the mission. As I listened, I was so happy to be a missionary, as they talked so much about the work!! It is an amazing experience. 

I love you all so much! Have an amazing week!!

Hermana Wolferts



Zone Conference with Hermana Lambert and Hermana Jones

Getting our pushups in...

Who knew exercise could be this much fun in a skirt!



No comments:

Post a Comment