Monday, June 20, 2016

I'm gonna be a mom (;

June 20, 2016

OKAY....

SO first of all, 

I'M GONNA BE A MOM!! 

Which means that I'm going to train a new missionary!! I'm so excited.

Secondly, I may have had the most exciting week of my mission.

The week started out normal, but on Tuesday we had the meeting for those who are going to train. My companion and I are both training so we went, and it was awesome. It's so fun to remember how excited one is at the beginning of the mission, and how dedicated one is to being obedient and finding and teaching people. I am so excited to be with a new missionary! And that same day, we picked up Hermana Wong as a 3rd companion, for a few days, for some logistical reasons. She hung out with us until Thursday, and it was so fun to be with her again because she was MY trainer. And it was cool to see how we had both grown, that we can teach better (that I can speak Spanish now), and to just be with someone who taught me so much. 

Then on Friday, I went on divisions with Hermana Wong to her area in Ixtapaluca. That's the part of the mission that was just added in January. It was my first time out there and WOW it looks so different than the city! Where she's at, there are still a lot of houses and people (there are some parts that are just little tiny villages), but the whole feel is just different. It's like a suburb instead of the city. It was so fun to get to see the area and work out there. And I really did like the missionaries and the ward. Although I was only there for 3 days, everyone was just sooo nice to me and I felt right at home. I think the members got used to me quickly too because the bishop asked me to give a talk in sacrament meeting! I'm not sure if he didn't understand that I wasn't staying or what, but it was pretty cool to be able to make a mark in a ward that I only served in for 3 days. And the work there is really great. They have some awesome investigators and I'm really excited for them!

So, last night I finally got back to our area, and then this morning we got up at 4:45 am, to be able to go with President and Hermana Stutznegger to the CCM to pick up the new missionaries. I'm currently in the mission office hanging out with them and helping them get prepped to go into the field. I still don't know which one is going to be my trainee... but all the sisters seem so sweet and I'm so excited to get to work with one of them!

But basically we have been all over the place and it's been crazy, but it's been fun! And it's been spiritual. I've felt the Spirit so strong this week and it just fills me with a joy that I can't explain. The work is hard, but it's so rewarding. I feel so grateful that God gave me the opportunity to serve a mission. I love the work. 

I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Hermana Aubriana Wolferts

I don't have my thing to upload pics, but I'll send some next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment