Friday, June 3, 2016

I Didn't Come to Mexico Just to Learn Spanish



May 16, 2016

Hola!

This week was good, but not without it's trials. We had a few investigators that were really cool - one with a baptisimal date for this Saturday, tell us that they don't want to be baptized. The majority say they want a little more time, but some of them tell us that they don't want to change religion or things like that. It's always sad to hear that from people you genuinely care about, but we all have our agency. And people progress at different speeds. I've had the opportunity to reap seeds that missionaries planted months or even years ago, and I'm sure the same will happen with some of the people we are teaching now, and the missionaries that will be here in the future.(:

One cool thing about the mission is that we meet people from lots of parts of the world, especially because the missionaries come from all parts of the world. And something about Spanish is that it is spoken in a lot of countries and they all have very different accents. We had changes last week and our district leader, who is from Argentina was put with an elder from the dominican republic. Both of these countries have very different accents than the Mexican accent. I would say that that the Dominican accent is a little more complicated because they completely ignore the s. They literally don't ever say the letter s. The good thing is that my Spanish is solid enough now that I can understand them, but this past week we have all been teasing our district leader and his comp that they have to teach with the spirit because if they don't, no one is going to understand them. (: We must have got to our district leader a little bit because he recently gave a training about our objective as missionaries and he said "I didn't come to Mexico just to learn to speak Spanish better, I also came to invite people to come to Christ" (:

And I concur. I didn't come here just to learn Spanish. I'm here to invite people to come to Christ. Sometimes in the mission and in life we get confused about why we are here. But when this happens we become less successful. One thing that has really helped me is to pray and talk with my Heavenly Father about my objective in the mission and life and ask about how I am measuring up with that. I encourage you all to say a prayer and ask that question and see how you are doing with what the Lord wants you to learn and achieve (:

I love you all so much (: Thanks for all of your support! Have a great week!


Hermana Aubriana Wolferts


Skyping with my fam for Mother's Day. The last time! :-)

Making cookies for the widows in our area.










No comments:

Post a Comment