Monday, November 16, 2015

I love primary programs (:

November 9, 2015

Hola (:

This week was great!

First of all, I realized I haven't really told you about my companion! Her name is Hermana Martinez and she is from Chihuahua, Chihuahua. They have this funny accent up there where "ch" is like "sh" so she is from "SHihuahua" and she like "leSHe" (leche-milk) and that reminds me: mom, you have to learn how to make arroz con leche because it's dang good. Anyway.... she's an awesome missionary and we are doing great. I like the way we are learning to teach together. We're getting pretty good at really teaching the person and not just the lesson and that's helping us see success.

Yesterday was the PRIMARY PROGRAM here!! AHHHH I promise there is nothing cuter than 15 adorable Mexican kids belting the primary songs out in Spanish. It was amazinngggg. I seriously felt the spirit so strongly and felt sooo happy to be here in the mission. I was blessed with a lot of neat experiences with our members this past week that really helped me to understand them. The church isn't as strong here as it is in Utah. These people are so active and work so hard to keep the ward going. We ate lunch with one of the members of the Relief Society Presidency and she started crying when she told us how much the gospel means to her. They don't take this for granted. A lot of them are converts and have seen the difference the gospel has made in their lives.

As always, I have a miracle to share (: About a month ago, we saw a 22 year old less active at a ward activity. After that we started teaching him and his mom and have become good friends with them. He had started coming back to church, but she had to work on Sundays and told us that she didn't think her schedule was going to change any time soon. We read 1 Nephi 3:7 and talked about how when we have commandments the Lord will prepare a way for us to accomplish them. Then we prayed with her and asked Heavenly Father to help her return to church. Well, this past week we went by to see her and she told us that, unexpectedly, her work schedule had changed and she was going to be able to go to church at least every other week! We were so excited, and even more excited because she recognized that this was an answer to her prayer and that Heavenly Father really had helped her out. 

It is so weird to hear how things are cooling down so much there, in Utah! The weather is seriously the same here. It might be warmer than it was when I got here.. because it doesn't rain anymore. I can't believe it's actually November. 

I love you all a bunch! I hope that you are doing well (:

Love,

Hermana Aubriana Wolferts



Hermana Lambert looking beautiful and Mexican in the streets of Mexico City (:

A recent convert that we took to the visitors center.



The classic meal we eat here is as follows. We almost always have 3-4 courses. I'm working hard to not get fat. That's actually not really true. I eat a ton. It's good that we walk a lot!

The first course is almost always some sort of soup, usually a pasta or vegetable soup, or both.


The second course is rice! I really like the rice here (: And people put either banana or egg on it sometimes and it's really yummy (I promise, it sounds weird but it's actually really good).

And then we have some sort of a main dish! I'm in love with salsa verde. I'm going to buy that stuff by the gallon from cafe rio when I get back (it tastes a lot like the cafe rio stuff, but that's about the only similarity between the food here and there).

And ALWAYS the meals are supplemented with tortillas. It doesn't matter what you eat. The people here are just SHOCKED when I tell them we don't have little tortilla stores on every corner back home. They all tell me I need to start a tortilleria when I get home. But the thing is that NO ONE eats tortillas in the states like they do here.


Here is a picture of a chocolate lollipop that my recent convert made me! He is so great and it was yummy. He's the same one who made me the basket and flower and box.

No comments:

Post a Comment