Monday, April 4, 2016

¿Enchiladas?

February 22, 2016

Dearest Family and Friends...

I hope you are all doing well! This week was interesting! Here are some of the highlights:

  1. I rode a bike.... We did some service and my comp and I had to take a bike to get to where we needed to be so I hopped on and rode it. Felt like the classic missionary struggling to ride a bike in a skirt ha ha (: Although riding isn't that bad... getting on and off is what's hard. But it was super fun and my comp and I nearly want to petition for bikes here (:
  2. I spent 2 days and 2 nights in the hospital. I went on divisions with a sister who has been having some neurological problems. It is sooo weird to just sit around and do nothing. Sometimes I think I'm going to want to relax when I get home from my misión, but experiences like this remind me that it's good to be busy!
  3. A less active member was telling us about what he sells in the tiangys... I heard enchiladas and said "que rico!" but it turns out it was some sort of alcoholic beverage... so that was a bit awkward...
This week I want to bear my testimony of the sacrament. The sacrament has become so special to me during my misión. Sometimes at home it was just a ritual thing, but as I have taught people about the sacrament, I have come to understand it better. A lot of our investigators ask the question, "what happens if I sin after I am baptized?" We always explain to them that the sacrament is like a "mini baptism." If we repent and prepare before the sacrament, we can be clean just like we were after our baptisms. It has become so special to pray and repent and prepare for the sacrament and then feel the cleansing power during the ordinance. At home I sometimes just thought that the goal was just to focus on Christ during those 10 minutes and not get distracted, but really we need to prepare beforehand to really take advantage of that ordinance. I testify that it really works. That the sacrament makes us clean. There's a reason that the Lord wants us to participate in this sacred ordinance every week.

Love you all,

Hermana Wolferts



The Metro is crazy!

Tiangys

No comments:

Post a Comment