Monday, April 18, 2016

Preaching day AND night...

April 13, 2016

Sooooo....

First of all, my companion is amazing, like I mentioned last week. A lot of times companionships pass through a rough or at least awkward phase while you get to know someone... but my comp and I never had that! She is just so obedient and on point in lessons and we just like to work really similarly and we both like to have fun so it works well (: It's usually pretty apparent what companionships are doing well and what companionships aren't, even to investigators, and we have this one investigator who told us that we just look like we have a party together every day. Which isn't actually true because we deffinitely work dang hard but having a good companion does make the work fun. 

The only thing that has been a problem is that I seemed to have developed a pretty intense sleep talking problem. My comp told me that the other night I was talking (in english) for about 10 minutes and that she didn't understand anything except that I started to give my testimony and then I switched into spanish and started explaining that I was testifying of these things because the spirit was telling me to testify and that if the spirit isn't guiding your words you shouldn't speak haha. Then I started contacting someone and asked to teach them a lesson and proceeded to teach the entire restoration, complete with questions and a petition for our member who was present in the lesson to share their testimony. I went to far as to pick up our phone to look for a baptisimal date and I invited them to pray about our message and if they got an answer to be baptized a specific day. All in all my comp told me I talked for at least 40 minutes (and I have no memory of any of this happening). And similar things have happened the last few nights. My poor comp isn't sleeping as well these days... 

This week I learned a huge lesson about the Lord's timing. We have been teaching a few investigators who are really good people and have faith and understand the lessons, but who haven't really progressed. I was pretty much ready to drop them when suddenly, something changed. I don't even know what happened, but we have two people who have just started to progress like crazy. We didn't change how we were teaching or do anything radical with them, but the spirit just started to get to them and they started oppening up their hearts. Sometimes we think people are lost-causes or that they have already had their chance, but I have learned to see people how God sees them--to see their potential. And when we remember that God loves every one of His children, we remember that He never gives up on anyone. I'm just glad that the spirit told us to keep teaching them for long enough to see their crazy progression start!

We also met one of the most prepared investigators I have ever met. He went to chuch the day after we met him and understood almost everything that people taught. He picked up on the priesthood, that we have a modern day prophet, that the church was restored, and we hadn't even taught the restoration yet! When we went back to teach him on Monday he basically taught us what we were going to teach. We just did a run down to clear up some doubts, and then we were good to go. And before we even asked him to pray to know if it was true, he told us that he was going to pray because he wanted to know if it was true. If that's not a golden investigator, I don't know what it. PRAY that he keeps progressing. The funny thing is that he was just a street contact and I thought that he had just accepted an appointment but wasn't really all that interested, but he proved me so wrong. I love that the Lord is in charge of this work. 

Ohhh and we went to the temple today! Thus, I'm writing today and didn't write monday. But it was AMAZING. As always. I know that temples are houses of God.

It's been good. It's been a little crazy. But I'm so happy to be here doing this (:

Have a great week!

Hermana Aubriana Wolferts

No comments:

Post a Comment