Monday, April 4, 2016

The Desire to Preach the Gospel is Flooding My Soul!

February 29, 2016

Hola!

This week was great! First... I want to start of with the miracle of the week!

We have been teaching a 15 year old girl. She has a lot of family financial problems and has to work to help cover all the bills. She had been working Sundays, and hasn't been able to come to church. 

We taught her about the Sabbath day and why it is important to keep it holy and how we can do so, including going to church. But she expressed to us that she had to work and that it was hard to find a job. But then my comp had a stroke of genius (aka, the Holy Ghost) and thought of a member of the Ward who was looking to hire someone for their café. Long story short, she was hired by the member and no longer works Sundays!

But the sad thing is that she didn't come to church yesterday!!! ): We still have to check up on why she couldn't make it, but it made me reflect on how often I throw away the blessings that Heavenly Father gives me.  How many times do we say "I'll do whatever you want if you will just help me with this problema" and then the problema is "miraculously" resolved, and we forget to keep up our end of the bargain. 

This week I had another hospital adventure! I've been there so much lately with other hermanas that apparently there was some gossip going around that I was super sick and was going to leave the misión. Haha, not so, but I have had my fair share of time in the hospital while still being perfectly heathy. 

 Hermanas Lambert and Jones came to stay with us to attend misión leadership conference with us the next morning, but Hermana Lambert showed up with a really high fever. The next morning her fever was so high that President wanted her to go to the doctor. Hermana Jones had been assigned to prepare a training for the missionaries, so she couldn't go with her to the doctor, so I got put on doctor duty again. Unfortunately, Hermana Lambert didn't have her insurance card (and she's out in a pueblito far far away and we couldn't go and get it) and they were not going to let her in for her check up without it. We tried to give them the code, I showed them my card and told them it was from the same company, but they would not have it. This hospital is just a cell service vacuum, no calls will get in or out. I even stepped outside to try to find service, but nothing. NOTHING. I finally got someone to lend me their phone and called the office missionaries who came to our rescue. So finally we got into the doc and after like a 5 minute check up they diagnosed her with the flu virus that everyone has right now (seriously, everyone here is sick, and they all blame the 80 degree weather for being wayyyy to hot). They gave her antibiotics and kicked her out. But we were so excited to leave, since it was such a hastle. 

One of our investigators, C, is just the best! He quit working Sundays, he gave up coffee, and he has a testimony that is growing so beautifully! This past week we taught him the Plan of Salvation. As we taught him about the Spirit World and how we are going to do missionary work there too, he got all wide eyed. He told us that he had had a dream. Naturally, we wanted to know more. He told us that he had dreamed that he and I were together teaching the góspel in a place that sorta looked like Nepal (we had just watched "Meet The Mormons" with him, so that's how he described it), but a little bit different... like we weren't actually on earth like we are right now. He said that when we taught him about the Spirit World, he knew that it was after this life and that he was going to help us preach the góspel to those who never had the change to receive it. Woww.... it was so cool to hear that. Also, one thing that I've heard is that we can see how converted someone is based on their desire to share the góspel. It's so true. C has introduced us to his children and continually tells us that he wants to do missionary work. When he saw that there are older missionary couples, he said he would love to do that, except that he's not married right now. He said his dream made him happy because it gave him faith that he would get to be a missionary someday.

Basically, it's a good day to be a missionary! Be member missionaries at home! I love you all.

Hermana Aubriana Wolferts 

No comments:

Post a Comment